There is no content to display.
In this session we are quite excited to welcome Stephanie Rausser of Stephanie Rausser Photography to the show. Stephanie’s love for photography began quite early in life with her mom’s infectious love of it. Now, when I say ‘love’ I mean ‘love’, as that is exactly what comes through so clearly in her images. Due to the nature of her father’s work, her family moved around a lot when she was young. Keeping a certain distance from the other kids, she didn’t really engage. Rather she simply observed the way other kids/adults lived their lives; which has definitely influenced the way she sees and shoots. She has an amazing ‘observer’s sense’ about her. If you haven’t seen her work, we suggest you pop over to her portfolio before you even get started with today’s TogTools Podcast session. Look at her work. Look at the light in her portraits. But then take a moment and gaze over a full page of her portraits; the images are full of light, life, and love.
Now, as smitten as we are with her work, that isn’t why we asked her on the show. No siree, Bob! We are keenly interested in her business acumen; and, more specifically, how others might glean some strategic tips for their photography businesses.
We learned about Stephanie Rausser in the September/October issue of Click Magazine. We were instantly taken with her work. After poking around and diving deeper into her business, we had to have her on the show.
More specifically, in this session you’ll find out about:
- How to make your subjects as comfortable by taking the time to understand who they are. Eat with them, talk with them. Just be curious. Be interested in people’s lives.
- How Stephanie came to really find her brand and style
- How to work with celebrities when you don’t have as much creative license
- How to recover from seriously jacking up a shoot
- How to rock an editorial shoot!
- How to build an effective team for an editorial shoot so that you can truly deliver the goods
- Why marketing matters so much in the beginning of your editorial career
- The how and why of ‘feeding the beast’
- How to stay sharp in your creativity
- And so much more…
Find Stephanie Rausser at:
Did you enjoy this show? Let us know on Twitter
Got a Question? Leave us a message!
To subscribe to the show, please use the links below:
If you have a chance, please leave us an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes immensely! We truly appreciate it!
Thanks again for all of your wonderful support.